Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Another casual outfit for running errands:

Dress: 60 Euros. Purchased at small boutique in Italy (about $75-80)
Shoes: $20 Dolce Vita Sandals from Amazon
Total: $100

I LOVE this dress. I know most people wouldn't consider $80 on a dress a splurge, but I do. I was in Italy with Lauren after we graduated college and we found our way into this cute little boutique. I was obsessed with the comfortable/casual material in all of the pieces. I noticed every piece had the same unique looking tag and the shop owner, who was in the back, was sewing. She told us everything was hand made and hand painted. I immediately knew I had to get something because I love supporting local. I instantly fell in love with the unique shape of this dress. I love the high collar/brooch, the pleats, the SOFTEST jersey material, and the design that can be interpreted many different ways. I tried it on, but I wasn't 100%. The shop owner did some alterations right then and there and my dress was perfectly fitted for me! It hangs loose, but the shape is perfect.
Unfortunately, I don't wear this dress nearly enough. I am so worried about the paint and the delicate elements of it, but everytime I wear it, it gets compliments from total strangers. And I know I will never, ever see someone else in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment