Monday, October 24, 2011

Travel update

Two events in two days in between two 10 hour drives in Jonesboro, AR. Whew!

Baton Rouge-> Day 1-event 8am-4pm, 7pm-11pm-> huge event set-up. Day 2-wake up at 3am, finish set-up 4:00am-8:00am, event 8:00am-7:00pm. Drive halfway to New Orleans for event the next day.

The days were long BUT our event was super cool! I love my job and I love being a part of big events. Everything about them is so interesting to me.
New Orleans->New Orleans has always been one of my favorite cities. It's so special. Call me a weirdo, but I've always wanted to go to the Superdome because that's where people were housed during Katrina. I was in New Orleans in 2007 to do relief work and I saw some crazy things that really put the city in a special place for me. 
Our event at the Superdome was probably my favorite event so far. We were incredibly successful in terms of our goals and I had a blast. I wish we had gotten to go inside of the game, but once my "event high" wore off, I realized that I was actually still quite tired from the two days prior.


Doesn't my trailer look great with downtown New Orleans as the background?

No comments:

Post a Comment