Saturday, October 15, 2011

Recap: 7 days in Knoxville/Pigeon Forge

Knoxville, TN has been home for the past 7 days. I'm liking it. I'm about 15 minutes from Pigeon Forge, one of my favorite places in the country.
I have a long drive ahead tomorrow to Jonesboro, AR, but I'll leave you with some pictures from TN:

Arriving at Dollywood. I thought Dollywood would be a little more "hoaky" than it was; I was impressed.

No lines in October!



Waiting for "Dreamland" to start. Dreamland was one of the free shows at Dollywood. I grew up a little spoiled by Broadway shows in NY, but this show was great.

Blue Coast Burrito Grille. Everything I put in my mouth was delicious. Fresh tortilla chips, pineapple salsa (!!), the burrito, and absurd (in a good way) fish tacos. Margarita was ok.
I can't believe I'm saying this about a place in Knoxville, TN, but the fish tacos were comparable to some of the better ones I've eaten in San Diego/Orange County.

A shot of downtown Knoxville, TN.

Yes, this is my boyfriend snuggling the giant stuffed monkey he {supposedly} won for me at Dollywood.

Bye Pigeon Forge/Knoxville.
I want to make a note that "Zorb Globe Riding" (the politically correct name) was not in my itinerary this time around, but it's the reason I fell in love with Pigeon Forge. If you've never been to the area before, it is an absolute MUST. There's really no way to make this look exhilarating, but take a plunge on the "Zydro" and thank me later.

Off to Arkansas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment