Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving

Being in Auburn, AL without your family on Thanksgiving is kind of awkward. It's a small town that revolves heavily around the college, which is pretty much shut down on Thanksgiving.

I thought it would be fun to go to Tuskegee National Forest, which is only about 10 minutes away from my hotel.



Time to be thankful for nature, yea? It's a small National Forest, but it was still beautiful and incredibly quiet (probably because we were the only people spending Thanksgiving in a Forest). We went for a short hike through 2 trails:







"Nature awakes to life and activity."

Following the "hike", we munched on some food picked up at Winn Dixie. We decided to spare the turkeys (not worth it if it's not cooked by my dad!), and do a non-traditional feast.
So many things to be thankful for this year. Wish I could have spent Thanksgiving in NY with my fam, but I had a great day in Auburn, too!

1 comment:

  1. I think it would be so hard to be away from family on Thanksgiving! I'm glad you still had a nice day though!

    ReplyDelete